Thursday, July 12, 2012

What's New.

Our $12 Mirror

I finally made the kitchen curtains!

New Shelf for glass ware

My old chair made new again

My little antique chair...it's much prettier in person.


We've been working like crazy little bees around Brambly Pines.   I found this really ugly mirror at a garage sale but it was only $12.  My mind is trained to look at something and see it differently.  This time I saw it spray painted silver.  One of the bottom corners of it was broken so Chuck broke off the other one to match, sanded them and then took the silver spray paint to it.  It turned out gorgeous!  I thought I was going to hang it on the other side of the china cabinet in the dining room but when Chuck held it up there, I didn't like it there.  It did look really good over Auntie Barbara's table though.  Yes, I have three mirrors in the dining room now but that's OK.  Lady Melanie has eight in hers.  I told Chuck I was just trying to catch up with her...ha. This way everyone can see themselves eating when sitting at the dining room table.  Oh that is a scary thought!  Since I had my spoon collection over Auntie's table, I had to come up with another place for it.  It fit perfect over the two tier table by the china cabinet.  I think the dining room is finally finished.  Well, for now that is.  The kitchen finally looks complete now also.  Lady Melanie had given me a huge piece of white, striped, shire fabric for the kitchen windows.  A few years back, when we went to Gene and George's, Gene had these white, shire curtains on each side of her kitchen windows and I thought they were so pretty.  I knew then, that is what I wanted at my windows.  All, I had to do was tell Melanie what I had in my mind for the kitchen windows and she went upstairs and came down with the perfect fabric for me.  It's like having a "Fairy Godmother" having Melanie as my cousin/friend. I had a problem finding the kind of curtain rods that I wanted though.  It was hard finding them short enough.  I kept looking for them in every store that had curtain rods.  We were in Big Lots last week and there they were.  Well, they were still to long but I asked Chuck if he thought he could cut them off to make them the length that I wanted and he said " sure".   It worked and now I have just what I wanted at my kitchen windows.  The next project was the shelf over the cabinets in the laundry room.  We had bought the brackets a long time ago and Chuck had painted them white.  I finally got the board painted and Chuck hung the shelf.  It's nice having all my glass ware on it so I can see what I have and it's easy to get to everything.  Chuck says he hopes we don't ever have an earthquake...ha.   After almost two years, I finally took my little antique wing back chair to be recovered.  I had bought enough fabric when I made the valances in my bedroom for the chair also.  I found a really sweet lady in Hartselle that could do my chair.  She did a really good job and I'm so happy to have it in the corner of my bedroom, matching the valances.   I'm happy to say, it's nice to have all these projects done.  I'm sure I can come up with another list of them.  Isn't there always something to be done around the house?  I'm starting a new list...like getting my stack of quilt tops that I have made, quilted.  There is another sweet lady in Hartselle who quilts for really cheap with her long arm machine.  I have her phone number so this is on the top of my new list. 

No comments: