Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Egg!

I don't have to wonder any more, on who is laying the little egg every day.  It's Savannah!  She is so sweet.  She is the only hen that lets me pet her and pick her up.  I was down checking on the girls yesterday morning and I saw her get into one of the nesting boxes.  I had brought the camera down to the barn with me, so I went to get it.  When I went into the mansion, I thought maybe she would get out of the box, but she didn't.  It didn't take but a couple of minutes and she was laying the egg.  Even though she is a white chicken, her ears are a buff color, so I guess I'm going to end up with all brown eggs this time around.  It doesn't really matter.  Once ya crack the egg, you don't know what color it was.  I just wonder when the rest of the girls are going to start laying their brown eggs. 

No comments: