Friday, July 13, 2012

Brick Creek Flows!


After not having rain for over a month and 105 degrees days, we FINALLY got some rain...and rain it did!!! In two days, we got over 6 inches.  You didn't hear any one complaining about it though.  Everyone thought it was wonderful.  It just came to late for the poor farmers though.  As you drive by all the corn fields, they are all yellow.  Dried up!  Ours didn't dry up...just the lovely,little raccoons have attacked it.  I'm about to give up on growing corn here at Brambly Pines.  I guess I can't expect anything different when I live in a forest of animals.  We had so much rain at once, that Brick Creek actually had water flowing down it, with even a few small waterfalls.  I wish it always had water.  It would be nice to have a flowing creek going down the middle of Brambly Pines. 

No comments: