Tuesday, June 26, 2012

1940's Baseball Game


Army band from Huntsville

Nurse Kellet, Housewife Melanie and pretty Lillie

Pretty Lulu drinking from her glass baby bottle

Nurse Kellet and baby Lulu

Gov. Bently stops to say "hello"

Raising the Flag
My last day of "vacation" was at the Rickwood Baseball Field. It was "1940"s day.  Lady Melanie had it all planned out for us to "dress the period".  Kellet was a nurse with every detail covered...from the shoes to the hat.  Lady Melanie was a true "housewife" and she had me dressed as " Rosie the Riveter".  I had on a plaid shirt, overalls and my hair wrapped in a bandanna.  People knew who exactly I was.  The two babies were dressed in pretty light blue dresses with their bonnets.  Even Lulu drank from a glass baby bottle, while she laid in an old fashion baby buggie.  Lots of people stopped to take pictures of us.  Even the Governor stopped to say " hello".  We sat next to a whole row of very nice Army men who ended up being the band.  It was hot, hot, hot that day but we all had the good ole fans on a stick to keep us cooler.  What a fun way to end my great week of vacation.  Chuck came to Melanie's to pick me up, that late afternoon.  I was finally on my way home.  

No comments: