Monday, November 7, 2011

It must be Fall



It certainly is Fall when the BIG tree has changed it's color and the leaves are starting to drop.  The green house is full and the heater has been turned on.  Yesterday, Chuck and I mowed the yard and winterized it.  I went around and gathered everything up that was made of ceramic, glass or would get broken in the freezing winter.  I took the fountain off of the deck and loaded everything up in Little Red's cart and took it all to the barn.  Then, I pulled up my marigolds and moon flowers so I could plant all of my bulbs.  All 125 of them!  Chuck planted the four Bradford Pear trees and I planted the flat of purple pansies that Lady Melanie had given me.  We even took the four chairs that go to the table on the front porch and put them in the basement. Chuck took down all of the hummingbird feeders.  I think we are ready for winter.  It will be here before we know it.  Another season to look forward too. 

No comments: