Friday, November 25, 2011

Fun Treasures


terra cota chicken roaster

Sun room table



Last weekend, we headed to Hartselle because I wanted to look in the really nice "kids store", downtown for some pretty things for Lily Ryann.  You can almost count on finding something pretty there and we did.  ...shhhhhh don't tell Lily Ryann.  As we were walking down the street and looking in the stores windows, there was an antique store that had a sign for 75% off.  Of course we had to go in and check it out and sooooo glad we did!  We found a terra cotta chicken roaster that was $18 but ended up costing only $4.50.  It had never been used.  I picked up a couple of things for $.50 and $1 but our best find was a huge picture of two ducks in a custom frame. I was thinking it could go over Chuck's bed.  It started out costing $25 but cost us only $6.  We stuck it in the car and went down to another antique store.  Well, I found this unique coffee table.  I stood there and looked and looked at it.  It was high and two tiered.  I knew it wouldn't go in the living room but I sure did like it.  We went on home without the table but for the rest of the day and night I kept thinking about the table.  As I sat in the sun room having my tea, I finally decided that was the perfect place for it.  So, come Monday morning, we went back to Hartselle and I was lucky, because the table was still there!  I was so happy.  Came on home and Chuck put the table in the sun room and I fell in love with it all over again.  I love it being high.  It's perfect for serving tea and there is lots of room for books and gardening magazines.  Oh, I forgot to finish telling you about the "duck picture".  When we got home that day, Chuck went on line and looked the artist up.  Well, I have to say...I think this is the best find we have found up here so far.  The print is signed and numbered.  This one is 1570/1950 (the year we were born) Chuck found two of them on line, selling for $400!!!!  We couldn't believe it!  It looks wonderful over Chuck's bed and we now have a story to go with it.   It's so much fun to go shopping up here.  You just never know what you will find.   

No comments: