Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkins, pumpkins and fun pumpkins!

Find Chuck


Mamaw and Papaw


yep! I'm a real kitty.


Our three stacked pumpkins
On the way home after passing the state line, we came upon this produce place that had tons and tons of pumpkins.  Really FUN ones too!  I've always wanted some that you can stack and that I got!  The bottom one was called a " peanut pumpkin".  It does look like there are peanuts all over it.  The next one is called a " Patty Pan"...don't ask me why. ...and the top one is called  I don't know  .....a "squatty, orange one?". (I'm going to save the seeds from them all and try again to grow them next summer) There were so many fun pumpkins, I just wanted to walk around and look at them all.  I went around the corner and happened to look down and there was a real kitty laying on a hay bale with a pumpkin next to it.  Couldn't stage that picture if ya tried.  lol.  The neat thing is, all the pumpkins where cheap.  The ones that would cost $20 in Florida, were only $8.  I guess they are cheaper up here because they are locally grown, not like where they have to ship them in to Florida.  I just love this time of year with all the pumpkins, hay bales, corn stocks and cool, cool weather!  Another "real season" to enjoy.

No comments: