Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Signs of Fall

gourds, gourds, gourds and one little pumpkin




Indian corn



Back yard Mums


It's beginning to look a lot like Fall around here.  All the little gourds I have on the back porch, I grew....except for a handful that I got out of the BNOE's garden.  The only little pumpkin that survived the animals and the rot is in the middle of all my gourds.  I bought some pretty "Indian corn" at the Hartselle Depot Days a couple of weekends ago.  The dried okra pods are really neat looking.  They took on a two color stripe as they dried on the plant.  We still need to go down to Cullman and see about getting the corn stocks for the posts to the back steps.  I will be on the hunt for the perfect pumpkin, like last years.  I'm sure in our travels over the next month, I will find it.  The weather sure is saying " Happy Fall Ya'll"!  Even the trees are starting to change.  This has to be one of my favorite seasons. 


No comments: