Monday, July 11, 2011

40th Anniversary




It was Gene and George's 40th Anniversary this weekend.  Since I was going to be down there for C.Mac Johnson Day at the State Farmer's Market, I got to join in on the celebration.  I left home Friday morning, at 11:00 for Lady Melanie's house in Birmingham.  She had invited me for lunch and what a wonderful lunch it was!!!  We were joined by Kellet, Josh, Lillie, Lulu and Josh's sister.  (Paw had gone to Pawland)  She made me the most wonderful tasting birthday cake with a big tulle bow tied around it.  Why didn't I take pictures????? I don't know.  Some times I bring the camera but leave my brain at home.  I left Birmingham for Montgomery and it usually only takes about 1 1/2 hours BUT right after I got on the interstate, we came to a dead stop and we went 10 mph if we did move....for an hour!!  Once we got moving at the speed limit again, it was only for about four miles and came to another dead stop.  This happened again about ten miles down the interstate.  It took me three hours to get to Gene and George's house.  I was dead tired.  After resting, I was ready to celebrate with everyone though.  Also, Becca, Ro, Lanier, Davis ( their new baby) and Jordan ( the boy's nanny) were there so I got to see the new baby.  Both George's Mother, who is 95 and Gene's Mom were there for dinner.  What a wonderful and fun dinner it was.  Becca had printed off "trivia" from 1971 and we had to answer them as we ate.  Between Gene, George and I, we got most of them right.  Becca and Ro gave them a big bowl full of " red stuff" since the symbol for your 40th anniversary is " Rubie".  George surprised Gene with a beautiful Rubie and diamond ring, Sunday morning. ( their real anniversary).  I'm so glad I was there for the celebration. 

No comments: