Saturday, February 5, 2011

Map Puzzle







Remember the house warming present (the puzzle of the map of our land) that Gene and George gave us a ways back? Well, I decided when we got the " major winter storm" of 8 1/2 inches of snow, it would be a good time to put the puzzle together. After all, you can only spend so much time out in the snow having fun. Let me tell you! It wasn't an easy puzzle but it was fun. There wasn't a picture of it on the box like regular puzzles so Chuck kept bringing up the map of our land on the computer so he could look at it. I ended up getting a lot of the pieces by looking at the shapes of the pieces. It took us a week to get it all together. Gene said theirs was hard and it took them awhile too. Well, one morning, I came out and Chuck had finished the puzzle BUT...there was a piece MISSING!!!!! Right in the middle !!!! I couldn't believe it. I was so upset. We wanted to frame it. ( I know...I hate it when people frame puzzles too but this one is different) Lady Melanie happened to be here spending the weekend with us and the next day, she was sitting on the couch and when she stood up, the puzzle fell onto the floor from the couch. I was sooooooooo happy that she found the piece!!!! It's now glued, framed and hanging on the wall in Chuck's room. It's the neatest puzzle we have ever done. Thank you again Gene and George!

1 comment:

MyPixieMail said...

What a cool idea... love it and I'm sure it was a perfect addition to the "map" room!