Friday, October 8, 2010

Dining room chairs


We needed new dining room chairs.......I didn't even want to bring the ones we had in Florida with us, but got talked into it. Well, when it came time to putting them in the house, I would have had to make covers for them and didn't want to spend all that time on something that I didn't even like. Soooooooooooooo, they are still in the barn and we started looking for different ones. When we went to Cullman last weekend for Oktoberfest, we stopped at the big flea market outside of town. There was an " Antique" building among the different places to look and that is where we found four chairs that I love! They are " Queen Ann" style. We aren't sure how old they are, but we think they are older than "us". They had awful brown velvet ( sort of) on the seats. Chuck helped me take the old fabric off and I recovered them with some pretty " blue and white toile", that I had bought just for the dining room, about five years ago. Now we have pretty chairs to go in our pretty dining room.

No comments: