Friday, July 30, 2010

The inside......

The basement stairs
The dining room

Looking from the living room into the entry and dining room


The living room....notice all the windows in the house. I love all the light coming in.



The guys are coming to insulate the walls and ceilings inside of the house, tomorrow. Chuck wanted me to take pictures of all the studs and where the plumbing was so he'll have it for reference down the road. None of the brick you see in the fireplace will show, except for the actual fire box area. The dry wall will cover up the rest of the brick and then our antique wooden mantel will sit on a tile hearth. Won't it be nice this winter to sit next to the fire and watch tv or read. Will be a BIG difference from what we went through last winter.!!!! It seems so far ago...but yet not.( they just started our house two months ago) They started on the stairs to the basement today also. Another reason I love living " up north". I loved my Auntie Barbara's basement, in Illinois. It was like a secret place, under ground that I could play in. One summer, she put a bed down there so I could sleep there. It was so nice and cool . I hope Genavive will remember Papa and Oona's basement as some place neat.

No comments: