Friday, February 26, 2010

Green House Day

I went down to work in the green house this morning. I gathered all our plants and seeds we have been collecting to plant come Spring. I took the radio out of the barn and had it sitting on the "rain barrel" outside of the door of the green house. As I was busy planting my little seeds in the egg cartons that I had saved, I thought....how could it get any better than this? The radio was playing " Sweet Home Alabama" and the cows in the pasture were " mooing". It was 39 degrees outside, but almost 70 in the green house. About 25 feet away, was my big bed of daffodils, almost ready to bloom.
Yep, those are "brown stag horns" you see in the picture. They aren't totally dead though. They each have some green pups on them so I am sure with living in the warm green house until it's warm enough for them to be outside, they will start to come back. Even if Chuck had built the green house when we first got here, it wouldn't have done any good. We didn't have the power for the heater then. It broke my heart to see my plants all brown but I will have so many different plants up here to keep me happy and as I said, I think the stag horns will come back. Tomorrow, I plan on dragging the tiller down to the garden area and start tilling. It's going to take me awhile to get it done. We have LOTS of veggie seeds to plant and I'm going to plant a " cutting flower garden" also. I am hoping to get the help of Shell and Genavive with my planting, next month.

No comments: