Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cooking without power....




Cooking without power has been a little different. Chuck has been cooking all our meals on the camp stove but we do have a little Weber Grill that the BNOE gave us several years back. Of course by dinner time, it is dark outside. It gets dark at 5:00 pm up here in the winter. Needless to say, it's a little hard to see what you are doing. Shell gave Chuck a hat light for Christmas last year and it has come in handy. Ya just clamp it onto the hat and point your head where you want to see. Chuck's hat is a little big for me but I managed to see to cook our yummy chicken. We even had enough chicken left over to make homemade chicken/noodle soup for the next night. It sure will be nice to have an "oven" again though. Hope it's in time for me to make my Christmas cookies. ...if not the BNOE said I could use hers. :-)

No comments: