Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Union Civil War Quilt















Civil War quilts are really popular up here.  I have learned so much about the Civil War since we moved.  I knew " nothing"!  It's been fun learning and being able to go to some of the sites where the fighting took place.  It made me want to make a couple of Civil War quilts.  Number one is done.  It's the " Union Generals".  Yes, I have a panel with the Confederate Generals printed on it.  I have the quilt all planned out in my head.  I have a book called " Civil War Love Letters".  In the book, there are letters written by the soldiers to their love ones.  There are also pictures of different quilt blocks that were used in that time period .   I'm going to use that book to make my number two quilt.  You are suppose to name all your quilts that you make.  I haven't come up with a name for the Union one yet but the Confederate one will be called " Dixie  Love Letters".

1 comment:

The Civil War Quilter said...

I love your Union quilt. I just finished a quilt top using both the North and South panels. I'll put it on the frame this weekend for hand-quilting this winter. I'll probably name mine Civil War Generals, simple, but appropriate.