Friday, September 28, 2012

It's Apple Time!!


It's "apple time" again.  Time to go to the orchard and get enough apples to make my annual batch of apple butter and have some to eat.  I love that crisp, crunchy sweet, sometimes sour apple!!  You can't get those in the stores.  There is one thing I hate.  A mushy apple!  I love seeing the apples on the trees.  Having grown up with oranges and grapefruit on trees in my yard, they do nothing for me, but to see pretty apples just hanging on the branches, makes me want to pick them. We went to Steele's Orchard this year.  The lady was super sweet.  She peeled and cut up just about every kind of apple they had, so we could taste them all.  We ended up getting a bag of "granny smiths" for the apple butter and a kind that I had never heard of... "Mutsu".  They are crunchy and sweet. I can't wait to have the smell of apple butter cooking in my kitchen.  I just love Fall with the changing of the leaves, the cooler weather and that it's "apple time"!  

No comments: